Be it board games, video games or casino games, we can all admit that playing games online is the rave right now. Given the amount of fun and entertainment online games entail, it’s no wonder that more people are getting drawn into the world of virtual reality. Being able to play your favorite video game or a game of blackjack from the comfort of your home is sure beats to make the trip to the arcade or a casino. Playing a good game online is all fun and smiles until it’s time to pay for something. This begs the question, how do you pay for all the cool stuff you want to buy online? Stay with me while I introduce you to some Banking Options With Online Games.
- Bank transfer: The first option is an old fashioned bank transfer. Some online games would allow you to transfer funds directly into their bank account. This often works when you reside in the country where the game was developed or you spend their currency. For example, a gaming platform that was developed in the US will likely let you pay in American dollars. However, this is not a hard and fast rule. An online gaming platform might let you transfer funds to them even if you don’t spend the same currency.
- Ewallet: An ewallet, also known as digital wallet is like an online bank. Once funded, you can transfer funds, make online purchases and you guessed it, pay on most online gaming platforms. Examples are Paypal, Skrill and Neteller. Making use of an e-wallet has the following advantages;
- It is very easy and convenient. You can pay on your online gaming platform in the comfort of your home without moving anything but your fingers.
- It is very versatile. You don’t have to worry about currency differences when you make use of an e-wallet as most e-wallet currencies are accepted worldwide.
Although, making payments with e-wallets is easy as pie, most of them come with extra charges so be sure to find out all you can about each one before you make your choice.
- Credit or debit cards: You can also make use of your credit or debit cards such as Mastercard and Verve which are accepted at most online gaming platforms. However, keep in mind that some banks have placed bans on online gaming transactions so be sure to verify with your bank before you decide to pay with your credit card.
There are also online and mobile banking apps that are created especially for making payments in online games. Examples are Click2pay, click and buy, echeck. Most of them require only your email to set up a virtual account for you. You can then proceed to make payments or transfer funds without breaking a sweat. Some online games, especially casino games have special payment platforms in place for making payments so you have to check them out thoroughly before making a decision on banking options. Happy gaming!