An electronic system that is designed to keep a dog within a predetermined set of boundaries are called wireless dog fence. In this type of dog fence system, no physical barrier is used. In 1973, Richard Peck invented wireless dog fence which is also called invisible or electric dog fence. A lightweight collar beeps when the dog wearing it is near the boundary. When the dog crossed boundary line ignoring warning beeps, a mild electric shock is applied by the collar. As the dog approaches the boundary stimulus delivered to the pet is applied more frequently. The dog learns to avoid the boundary line soon thus making it a virtual barrier. Some Common wireless dog fence is:
- Petsafe Wіrеlеѕѕ Fеnсе Реt Containment Ѕуѕtеm
- Petsafe Ѕtау + Рlау Wіrеlеѕѕ Fеnсе
- Friendly Реt Рrоduсt Wіrеlеѕѕ Dоg Fence
- Dеwѕ Deals Dual Zоnе Hеаvу Dutу Еlесtоnіс Pet Fеnсе etc
The benefit of Wireless Dog Fence:
- The main advantage of wireless dog fence is regarded as a simple, easy, quicker and effortless to install, the process does not need digging to be carried out since it is fully wireless system.
- One of the amazing important of wireless dog fence systems is that it is practically impossible for dogs to escape from it, no structure to scale or climb which offer some relief.
- Wireless dog fence is often more affordable than a wired fence dog.
- Wireless dog fence system is easier to operate and the instructions are direct to the point and less time is taken during installation and it is very reliable than wired dog fence.
- It is very reliable than wired/traditional dog fence, it has an adjustable collar which is adjusted to fit the neck size of any dog.
- The wireless dog fence can be installed in any place or area, which also for individuals that like traveling with their dogs, or during family vacations, the systems (device) can be carried along.
- Wireless dog fence can be used for multiple dogs, including neighbor’s dogs in the wireless fence boundaries it can be used on any dog breed which exists in the world and two dogs.
Some disadvantages of this dog fence system:
.The fence’s effective range could sometimes be reduced if the bottom station loses sight of the dog’s collar once over a rough piece of land. The bottom station could also be placed in a very higher location in the house to beat this drawback. Based on the ability requirements and the circuitry, the dimensions of the collar receiver may be massive. Some collar receivers are matched just for pets that are twenty-five pounds or larger.
Summarizing, the advantages of employing a wireless dog fence far outweigh the disadvantages.